Take to the air with ROBIN +WINGS airborne laser scanner. Lightweight and robust the +WINGS helicopter pod seamlessly integrates with existing ROBIN systems and is suitable for both single pole and nose helicopter mounts. Installation is quick, easy and secure.
ROBIN +WINGS is provided with a bespoke sensor management package specifically designed for airborne projects, including an extended capacity hard drive (2 x 1TB) and full connectivity to plug into the aircraft’s power supply, enabling the user to scan for longer.
The pod also supports up to three industrial cameras to assist with point cloud visualisation and ortho mapping.
ROBIN +WINGS can assist with a variety of applications such as forestry and vegetation, power line monitoring, asset management and many more.
- Designed for ROBIN standard sensors (VUX scanner and IGI IMU)
- Up to 3 Phase One camera support (one oblique, two downwards)
- Helicopter pod suitable for:
- AFSP-1 and AF200 single pole mount for:.
- Eurocopter AS-350
- Eurocopter AS-355
- GV-V2 Nose Mount for:
- Bell 206A/B/B1
- Bell 407
- Certification in compliance with the STC for the AFSP-1 pole mount and Bell 407.
- FAR-27 Compliance Checklist.
- Aircraft antenna.
- Total weight: 15kg (Pod only) + 7kg (Scanner and IMU) = 22kg.
- How long does it take for the system to initialise?The system can be initialised in just 5 minutes - once this has been done the system can be started straight away.
- What software is provided with the system?ROBIN is supplied with processing software to enable you to produce a georeferenced pointcloud. For more detailed point classification, data cleaning, orthophotos etc. we can provide a Terrasolid package which includes full training and technical support for one year.
- What is included?The standard system package includes:
- 3-in-1 mounting system
- Laser Sensor
- GIS or Survey Grade Navigation System
- 2 x cameras
- 2 x GNSS antennas
- Touch screen control unit
- MMProcess software for generating a geo-referenced pointcloud
- 4 x days training
- Technical support
- What is the weight of the system?For WALK/DRIVE mode the weight is just under 10KG, for FLY mode the system weighs just under 6KG.
- How can I arrange a demo?Either click here to email us and set up a demo or give one of our regional offices a call to speak to a member of our sales team.
- Is there any sample data available?Yes - please contact us here and we will email you a link to download some data in .las format.
- Is ROBIN sold with a UAV/UAS platform?No - we have left the choice of UAV/UAS platform up to the customer due to the many options available on the market. The weight of ROBIN for FLY mode has been reduced to below 6KG meaning that a full UAV/UAS laser scanning system can be kept below 22KG if required
Durham University have been using ROBIN +WINGS to monitor the Whitby coastline for several years. Using ROBIN +WINGS, an airborne LiDAR survey is conducted annually to detect any significant change to the rockface overlooking the sea. For more info check out our coastal monitoring blog here.