Meet ROBIN, the world’s most flexible mobile mapping system. With several mounting options, ROBIN can be used across multiple platforms, providing the ability to map areas via
WALK | DRIVE | FLY
Lightweight and portable, ROBIN is designed to be operated by one person, enabling fast deployment to site even in remote and difficult to access locations, making it suitable for a range of applications and environment
Weighing under 10kg the ROBIN backpack makes it easy to scan remote locations even by bicycle. WALK mode can be easily used by a single operative, making mobile surveying safe, fast and cost effective.
ROBIN’s DRIVE function allows for mounting to any vehicle – car, truck, train or boat, giving the ability to collect data faster with minimal disruption to services.
ROBIN can also be mounted onto a heavy lift UAV or helicopter allowing for rapid surveys over large areas.
|2cm accuracy in good GNSS||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|High accuracy in areas of restricted GNSS||✓||Optional|
|Data Storage Unit||Optional||Optional||✓||✓|
|High Resolution Medium Format Camera (50MP – 1000MP)||Optional|
|Powered by Portable Batteries||✓||✓|
|Powered by Vehicle||✓||✓||✓||✓|
- How long does it take the system to initialise?The system can be initialised in just 5 minutes - once this has been done the system can be started straight away.
- What software is provided with the system?ROBIN is supplied with processing software to enable you to produce a georeferenced pointcloud. For more detailed point classification, data cleaning, orthophotos etc. we can provide a Terrasolid package which includes full training and technical support for one year.
- What is included?
- 3-in-1 mounting system
- Laser Sensor
- GIS or Survey Grade Navigation System
- 1 x camera (additional camera available with +PANORAMIC add on)
- 2 x GNSS antennas
- Touch screen control unit
- Data processing software package
- 4 x days training
- Technical support
- What is the weight of the system?For WALK/DRIVE mode the weight is just under 10Kg, for FLY mode the system weighs just under 6Kg.
- How can I arrange a demo?
- Is there any sample data available?Yes - please contact us here and we will email you a link to download some data in .las format.
- Is ROBIN sold with a UAV/UAS platform?No - we have left the choice of UAV/UAS platform up to the customer due to the many options available on the market. The weight of ROBIN for FLY mode has been reduced to below 6Kg meaning that a full UAV/UAS laser scanning system can be kept below 22Kg if required.
“We’ve also received first class training and support from 3D Laser Mapping and believe that customers will be extremely pleased with the comprehensive data we can provide using the ROBIN.”
Rachel Massey, Group Business Director – Central Alliance