To use the RiCOPTER for acquisition of high-accuracy, high-resolution laser scan and image data, the UAS is equipped with the RIEGL VUX-SYS, comprising the VUX-1UAV LiDAR sensor, a IMU/GNSS unit, a control unit, and up to four high-resolution cameras.
The RIEGL VUX-SYS is a complete miniaturized airborne laser scanning system solution of low weight and compact size for flexible use in UAS/UAV/RPAS, helicopter, gyrocopter and ultra-light aircraft installations. The system consists of the RIEGL VUX-1UAV laser scanner, an IMU/GNSS system, a control unit and up to 4 optional cameras.
The excellent measurement performance of the VUX-1UAV in combination with a precise fiber optic gyroscope and GPS/GLONASS receiver results in survey grade measurement accuracy.
Dedicated interfaces enable full control as well as system status feedback for low bandwidth radio links in UAS/UAV/RPAS systems. Additionally, the control unit contains interfaces for triggering up to four digital cameras. Precise time stamps of the camera’s release events are stored in the raw scan data stream enabling subsequent combination of point cloud data and imagery.
RIEGL RiCOPTER with BathyCopter
The RiCOPTER can also be integrated with the RIEGL BathyCopter. The BathyCopter is a sUAV-based surveying system for hydrographic applications ideally suited for generating profiles of inland water bodies.
The BDF-1 is a compact and lightweight bathymetric depth finder comprising of tilt compensator, an IMU/GNSS unit with antenna, a control unit and up to two external digital cameras. The BDF-1 can optionally be equipped with a miniVUX-1UAV LiDAR sensor.
The device sends out laser pulses at a rate of 4 kHz. The echo signal of each laser pulse is digitized and recorded for the entire range gate of 50m. That means, that predetection averaging of the waveforms can be performed in post processing, increasing the depth performance.
Subsequently the waveforms are processed by RIEGL’s new and patented hydrographic full waveform processing algorithm based on exponential decomposition. Finally data sets with high accuracy, high range resolution, and hydrography-specific attributes are provided which support point classification.
- RIEGL RiCOPTER remotely piloted aircraft system equipped with RIEGL VUX-SYS complete miniaturized, lightweight ALS System
- RIEGL VUX-1UAV lightweight airborne laser scanner fully integrated, providing 230° FOV, an effective measurement rate up to 350,000 meas./sec, and 10 mm accuracy
- Fibre-optic gyroscope and GPS/GLOSNASS receiver integrated
- Compact control unit with various interfacing options
- Mounting options for highly flexible aircraft installation
- Prepared for remote control via low-bandwidth data link
- Operates up to 4 digital cameras
- Precision Agriculture
- Topography in Open-Cast Mining
- Terrain and Canyon Mapping
- Archaeology and Cultural
- Heritage Documentation
- Surveying of Urban Environments
- Construction-Site Monitoring
- Corridor Mapping: Power Line, Railway Track, and Pipeline Inspection